It’s almost the holidays which means it’s time to prepare your heating system for the winter months. The best way to do this is by scheduling maintenance. Maintenance for your heating system isn’t a quick visual inspection. It is an in-depth tune-up for your system, and its benefit can carry you through the entire winter season. It is recommended that you schedule your heating system for maintenance annually, so if it’s been more than 12 months since your last maintenance appointment, call Command A/C today!
What Happens During a Maintenance Appointment?
Here is a general overview of what happens during a routine maintenance appointment:
- Thorough inspection of entire system
- Small repairs as needed (corroded/frayed wiring, worn fan belts, etc.)
- Cleaning of components, including burner assembly
- Adjustments and lubrication of components
- Inspection of components for cracks or holes
- Checking and cleaning blower
- Check of refrigerant levels (for heat pumps only)
- Safety checks, including for carbon monoxide
- Testing of system performance
What Are the Benefits of Maintenance?
- Better energy efficiency – your heating system was made to operate at a certain level of energy efficiency. When it is dirty and worn out, it can’t achieve the energy efficiency it should. The cleaning your system receives during maintenance allows it to operate at the efficiency level it was made to.
- Better comfort – a dirty and worn system can have a difficult time achieving the temperature set on your thermostat. The thorough tune-up your system receives during a maintenance appointment allows it to operate as it should.
- Prevents repairs – during a maintenance appointment, your system is adjusted, cleaned and lubricated, and small repairs are made. This helps get you ahead of potential problems and prevents repair.
- Extends life of the system – maintenance keeps your system in good working order so that when it operates, it doesn’t operate under stress. Ensuring your system doesn’t operate under stress helps extend the life of the system.
Scheduling your heating system for maintenance before the cold weather settles in can help both you and your system throughout the winter months. Call Command A/C today and schedule heating service in Cypress with one of our experts.